Fireworks can be lit from Thursday, July 2 through Sunday, July 5 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. For New Year’s Eve, fireworks may be discharged 11 p.m. Dec. 31 through 12:30 a.m. Jan. 1. To light fireworks, you must be at least 18 years of age or be under adult supervision. Fireworks brochure
Fireworks should not be lit:
- In any gathering of people.
- In public parks, including golf courses, and public parking lots of the city.
- Within any building.
- In, under, or from a car or vehicle whether moving or standing still.
For safety purposes — and to keep our community looking tidy — all unfired fireworks and debris should be immediately cleaned up, removed from any adjacent right-of-way, and disposed of in a nonflammable container.
Fireworks with projectiles that shoot into the air should be directed so that the projectile does not fire over any building or person. At least one approved fire extinguisher is required at the exhibition site.
You may not light fireworks while under the influence of alcohol or other substances that may impair judgment.
The use of fireworks is prohibited in the event of a burn ban or declaration of an emergency. The sale of fireworks is still allowed during a burn ban.
Violations of the ordinance pertaining to the lighting of fireworks (Chapter VI, Articles 1 and 2) are a Class C offense and carry penalties up to $500 plus any cost for fighting fires or responding to other emergencies resulting from the violation. In addition, each day the violation continues is a separate offense.
Firework sales have been permitted in Spring Hill since 2010. Fireworks can legally be sold from June 27 to July 5, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fireworks will be sold for the 2020 season at the following locations:
- Firework Mania Superstore, 20650 W. 191st St. (191st and U.S. 169)
- Jake’s Fireworks, 22399 S. Harrison St. (next to Polar Ice Station)
- Eddie’s Fireworks, 22200 S. Webster (Webster and 223rd)
- Dale Shay, 20501 Lone Elm (U.S. 169 and Lone Elm Road)
- Pyro Papas, 20020 Webster St. (199th Street and U.S. 169)
- Pyro Papas, 18781 U.S. 169 (U.S. 169 and 207th St.)
- Tim Durkin, 20559 S. Lone Elm Road (The Bowery/Bull Creek Distillery)
Permit Procedure for CFRS Facility
A permit application must be obtained from the Community Development Department and be filed with said Department on or before May 20 of each year for a CFRS Facility Permit.
Permit for Display Fireworks
A permit and fee are required for the discharge of display fireworks. The Applicationmust be submitted to the Community Development Department at least 30 days prior to the date for which the permit is requested.