Fireworks 1.jpg

Fireworks can be lit from Friday, June 30 through Wednesday, July 5 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. For New Year’s Eve, fireworks may be discharged 11 p.m. Dec. 31 through 12:30 a.m. Jan. 1. To light fireworks, you must be at least 18 years of age or be under adult supervision. Fireworks brochure

Fireworks should not be lit:

  • In any gathering of people.
  • In public parks, including golf courses, and public parking lots of the city.
  • Within any building.
  • In, under, or from a car or vehicle whether moving or standing still.

For safety purposes — and to keep our community looking tidy — all unfired fireworks and debris should be immediately cleaned up, removed from any adjacent right-of-way, and disposed of in a nonflammable container. 

Fireworks with projectiles that shoot into the air should be directed so that the projectile does not fire over any building or person. At least one approved fire extinguisher is required at the exhibition site.

You may not light fireworks while under the influence of alcohol or other substances that may impair judgment. 

The use of fireworks is prohibited in the event of a burn ban or declaration of an emergency. The sale of fireworks is still allowed during a burn ban.

Violations of the ordinance pertaining to the lighting of fireworks (Chapter VI, Articles 1 and 2) are a Class C offense and carry penalties up to $500 plus any cost for fighting fires or responding to other emergencies resulting from the violation. In addition, each day the violation continues is a separate offense.

We encourage that everyone who shoots off fireworks is familiar with municipal codes to ensure the safety of our community. 

Fireworks Sales 

Firework sales have been permitted in Spring Hill since 2010. Fireworks can legally be sold from June 27 to July 5, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. 

Fireworks sales will take place at these permitted locations:

  • Firework Mania, LLC 20650 W. 191st St. (SE corner of 191st St. & 169 Highway) 
  • Jakes Fireworks 22399 S. Harrison St. (Empty lot next to ice machine)
  • Pyro Papas 18781 US 169Hwy. (187th St & 169 Highway) 
  • Dale Shay 20501 Lone Elm Rd. (NE corner of Lone Elm & 169 Highway)
  • Eddie’s Discount Fireworks 22200 S. Webster St. (NW corner of 223rd & 169 Highway) 

Permit Procedure for CFRS Facility 

A permit application must be obtained from the Community Development Department and be filed with said Department on or before May 20 of each year for a CFRS Facility Permit. 

Permit for Display Fireworks 

A permit and fee are required for the discharge of display fireworks. The Application must be submitted to the Community Development Department at least 30 days prior to the date for which the permit is requested.

Sales Tax Information

Kansas Department of Revenue Fireworks Sales Infographic

Tax Tip Sheet for Kansas Fireworks Sellers