Hearing Procedure for Owners or Persons Entitled to the Lawful Custody of Impounded Vehicles.
- Owners or persons entitled to the lawful custody of impounded motor vehicles who wish to contest the validity of the motor vehicle tow may request a hearing for such purpose by notifying the Spring Hill Police Department, in writing, of the request. (Tow Hearing Request Form)
- Upon the notification of the request, a hearing for the purpose of determining the validity of the tow shall be held by the Municipal Court. The time of the hearing shall be set by the Clerk of the Municipal Court.
- Pending such hearing, the owner or person lawfully entitled to custody of any impounded vehicle may retrieve the impounded vehicle upon presenting receipt of payment in the amount of the towing charge and storage fees to the Clerk of the Municipal Court. If a payment is unable to be made, the vehicle shall remain in storage and the hearing date will be expedited.
- If the Municipal Court Judge determines the vehicle was lawfully towed, then no further action is required and all charges shall be paid by the owner or person lawfully entitled to custody of the vehicle.
- If the Municipal Court Judge determines the vehicle was not towed lawfully, the Court shall order the reimbursement of towing charge and storage fees to its lawful owner.
Municipal Court Jurisdiction for Motor Vehicle Tow Hearings.
The Municipal Court shall have jurisdiction to conduct hearings to determine the validity of motor vehicle tows conducted by the Police Department of the City of Spring Hill, Kansas.