We have updated and added a Broadband Internet page to our website.
This new web page allows for the latest updates, a Question and Answer page, Return on Investment Analysis and more related to the Spring Hill Broadband Project.
You can find the new page at the link above or by navigating to the Government tab and then clicking Broadband Internet.
Spring Hill residents and businesses consistently expressed concern over internet service in Spring Hill from the two existing internet service providers. Those concerns, confirmed by an information survey of residents and businesses, included:
- Slow internet speeds between the hours of 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- The inability to stream without buffering
- New service requests being turned down in areas where only one provider existed
- Extended delays for technicians responding to service issues
- Existing businesses using costly T-1 (see definition) lines for faster speeds
- Cost of internet service options
- Inability to work from home
- Inability to run a small business from home
- Inability to take online classes