As a necessary measure to protect the health and safety of court users and staff, the Spring Hill Municipal Court dates of April 7th and April 21st have been rescheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, April 7 has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 5 at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 21 has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 19 at 8:30 a.m.
Payments for matters that do not require a court appearance can be made:
- by phone at (913) 592-3664
- at a dropbox that is available outside of City Hall (in the west parking lot off Jefferson Street)
- by mail to Spring Hill Municipal Court, P.O. Box 424, Spring Hill, KS 66083
Please contact the Court Clerk if the address on your ticket is not your current address or if you would like to provide us with your phone number. Please be advised, although our office remains closed to the public, staff is available by phone, (913) 592-3624, or email, email@example.com Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
From City Administrator Jim Hendershot:
In an effort to better protect residents and city staff, it has become necessary to adopt temporary changes to the meetings of the Spring Hill Governing Body, Planning Commission and Cemetery Board and Parks Advisory Board.
Following recommendations from the CDC and the emergency declarations from the Johnson County health official, we will be providing access to the public as noted below and we will be limiting the number of people in a meeting to 10, including staff and elected/appointed officials. We have received and are implementing the guidance from the Kansas Attorney General regarding public meetings during an emergency declaration and are implementing that guidance to maintain compliance with the Kansas Open Meetings Act.
During this time of health emergency, we will be prudent with our business agenda and deferring action when feasible. Please note the following information regarding access to public meetings and adjusted procedures during the meetings:
- Meeting agendas and supporting documents are available at www.springhillks.gov under Agendas and Minutes
- Attendance at meetings will be limited to 10 individuals including Governing Body (or board members) and staff
- Public access to meetings is available via phone or by the link to be provided at the City of Spring Hill website www.springhillks.gov. You will be able to listen to the meetings utilizing either method.
- Public comments will be accepted for agenda items only. In order to ensure that comments are available to the appropriate body, we ask that comments be submitted in writing by 12:00(noon) on the day of the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments submitted will be read at the time of consideration of the agenda item referenced in the comments.
- The meeting Chair will announce prior to start of the meeting that all materials related to the agenda are available on the City’s website and that no additional materials will be provided at the meeting unless absolutely necessary.
- Audio of meetings will be placed on our website as soon as possible
- Council Chambers will be arranged for maximum attendance of 10 with seating to accommodate social distancing
- The meeting Chair will recognize all speakers to ensure those listening know who is speaking
- All votes will be by roll call
- Each motion will be clearly stated
- Each vote tally will be clearly announced
- For council meetings, the mayor will identify any scheduled executive sessions at the time of agenda approval. Any executive sessions will follow required protocol
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue our efforts to provide the public services you expect and need.