Our biggest event of the year is back!
Hometown Holidays is slated for Friday, Dec. 6 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Spring Hill Civic Center, 401 N. Madison St.
This year’s seasonal event promises to be bigger and better with tons of activities scheduled. The best part? This event is totally FREE! We only ask that you bring a canned food or non-perishable donation for the Spring Hill Food Pantry. We will also be accepting donations Nov. 1 through Dec. 13 at the utilities counter at City Hall.
- Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting
- To kick off the evening, Mayor Ellis and Citizen of the Year Brian Verbraken will light the Mayor’s Christmas Tree in the courtyard of the Civic Center. After the tree is lit, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be delivered by Johnson County Fire District No. 2.
- Hay rides
- New this year, the Spring Hill Parks Department plans to do hay rides throughout neighboring Friendship Park. Head to the west side of the Civic Center (near Jefferson Street) for this fun activity!
- Free professional photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Stop by the Gymnasium for a free professional photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus! Photos are printed immediately for a sweet memory to take home.
- Flashlight Candy Cane Hunt, Spring Hill Recreation Commission
- Hunt for candy canes in the dark in neighboring Friendship Park! Bring a flashlight for this fun outdoor activity.
- Face painting
- We will have two artists this year including a traditional face painter and an airbrush artist. Stop by the Gymnasium to get your work of art!
- Balloon Artist
- Get a free balloon, shaped as your favorite holiday character!
- Letters to Santa, Spring Hill Recreation Commission
- Drop off your child’s wishes and lists to Santa at this special mailbox, which leads straight to the North Pole!
- Live music
- Stick around through the evening to enjoy your favorite holiday tunes on guitar by local musician, Kevin Phillips. A staple at past Hometown Holidays, you won’t want to miss it!
- Seasonal refreshments
- Stop by the 401 Event Space for a delicious cup of coffee and hot chocolate, courtesy of The Bean Coffee Co., and a variety of cookies for dessert.
Mark your calendar for this community event! It’s a great way to begin your holiday season!