It’s that time of year to give back to your community for the seventh annual Mayor’s Christmas Tree Fund!
All proceeds benefit five, local organizations — Spring Hill Food Pantry, Johnson County Utility Assistance Program, BackSnack program through the Spring Hill Rotary Club, Miami County Thrive and Spring Hill Inspiration for Teens (SHIFT).
- The Spring Hill Food Pantry, operated by Life Spring Church, provides groceries to residents of Johnson and Miami Counties each Thursday.
- The BackSnack program is a partnership between Harvesters and the Spring Hill Rotary Club. The program provides a weekly backpack of nutritious food for children in need to take home over the weekend.
- The Southwest Johnson County Multi-Service Center's utility assistance program provides financial assistance to families who are experiencing difficulty paying electricity, natural gas, water, propane, heating wood or sewer bills.
- Miami County Thrive helps individuals and families find resources and strategies to move from poverty to self-sufficiency.
- Spring Hill Inspiration for Teens (SHIFT) offers free monthly events for teens, complete with food and fun. It allows teens to have a free and fun way to spend time with friends in a safe, supervised location.
To make a contribution, send a check payable to "Mayor's Christmas Tree Fund" to P.O. Box 424, Spring Hill, KS 66083, or drop off your donation at City Hall, 401 N. Madison St. Credit and debit cards are accepted. A night deposit box is available for those donating outside of regular City Hall hours.