We're seeking applicants for positions on several of our City boards and commissions. Boards and commissions perform a critical role by making recommendations to the Governing Body on key issues. Each of these groups is comprised of community volunteers who readily give their time and expertise to help improve our city. All interested residents are encouraged to submit an application indicating their specific area of interest. The application form — which is available online or at City Hall — is also required to be submitted by current board members who are interested in being reappointed as individual terms expire. The Mayor considers all applications prior to submitting selections to the City Council for appointment confirmation.
Current open positions include:
- Cemetery Board: Three positions
- Meetings are 7 p.m. on first Tuesday of each month.
- Planning Commission: Four positions (three city positions, one Miami County position)
- Meetings are 7 p.m. on first Thursday of each month.
- Parks Advisory Board: Two positions
- Meetings are 6 p.m. on third Monday of each month.
Additional information on all boards and commissions is available on the Boards and Commissions page of the City website including an overview of each board's mission and residency requirements. Applications may be submitted at any time; however, to be considered for the positions noted above applications must be submitted by April 15 to City Hall, Attn: City Clerk, 401 N. Madison St., P.O. Box 424, Spring Hill, KS 66083.