- Do recycle all empty bottles, cans, paper and cardboard. No glass in bins!
- Do keep foods and liquids out of recycling.
- Do keep plastic bags out of recycling.
- Do recycle glass at Ripple Containers ONLY, located at Spring Hill Price Chopper.
- Don’t bag your recyclables. Plastic bags and films get tangled in machinery.
- Don’t include food-soiled items. They can turn an entire load of recycling into trash.
- Don’t add sharp or dangerous materials like needles and electronics. They can cause injury to workers.
- Don’t toss in “tanglers” like rubber hoses and wires. They can shut down an entire recycling center.
- Don’t include bulky items like propane tanks or construction debris.
To see a list of acceptable and unacceptable recycling items, click here for a flier from the Mid-America Regional Council.