Over the last year, we've seen significant progress on long-awaited projects, completed key infrastructure improvements, and welcomed new and improved ways to connect with residents. Highlights from 2016 include:
- Ground was broken at the future Veterans Park site on the west side of the City Lake for the first time as the new entrance road to the park, Veterans Lane, was constructed in Autumn.
- Infrastructure projects, including the stabilization/resurfacing of Victory Road (pictured) and the construction of an acceleration lane at Webster and 207th streets, were completed throughout the city. A new sidewalk, repairs to City parks and facilities, and asphalt crack sealing across the city prolong the life of existing assets and provide new resources for residents and businesses.
- The newly redesigned City website launched in August, bringing enhanced functionality, new features, and a bright modern look.
- A broadband task force was established in November to explore and evaluate potential options to bring better internet speeds to Spring Hill.
- A project authorization resolution to renovate the Spring Hill Civic Center was approved 5-0 by the City Council on October 27.