Available Seasonal/Temporary Positions
Now accepting applications for 2021 Aquatic Center positions!
The Spring Hill Aquatic Center is known for its considerate, enthusiastic, dependable staff members who work together to create a positive, safe experience for guests.
By joining this winning team, you can earn money, meet new friends, have fun and gain valuable work experience!
Team members are hired on a seasonal basis for each operating season (late May through late August). Applicants must be available for the entire season, including evenings and weekends.
Returning seasonal employees receive a pay incentive equal to an extra $0.25 per year of employment with the City. In addition, all employees are eligible for an end-of-season bonus.The application window is open until positions are filled. Applications can be completed here.
Open Interviews are scheduled at the Spring Hill Civic Center, 401 N. Madison St., for:
- March 27, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- March 30, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 3, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision of pool patrons, maintenance of training standards, daily pool maintenance, operational activities, and record-keeping. This is a non-exempt position. Hourly rate: $9 for new hires.
Must be at least 15 years of age. Experience is preferred but not necessary. Must be able to read, write, and count. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR/AED, and First Aid certifications are required or must be able to obtain prior to employment date.
Essential duties include:
- Monitoring and attending to pool patrons.
- Performing all lifeguard skills, including first aid, CPR, emergency and safety procedures and rescue maneuvers.
- Attending required in-service training and maintaining weekly swimming and preseason training and daily training requirements.
- Exhibiting a high degree of customer service skills and positive attitude with staff and customers at all times.
- Observing and aiding in communication and enforcement of policies and procedures to staff and the public to promote safety.
- Resolving sensitive, significant and controversial issues from personnel and patrons while maintaining a friendly and courteous attitude.
- Complying with and promoting safety and sanitary regulations, including routinely inspecting facilities, maintaining chemicals and filtering equipment and maintaining pool cleanliness
- Completing essential reports of first aid and rescue incidents
Swim Instructor — CLOSING MARCH 26
Swim instructors are responsible for developing customized swim lessons to fit each individual based on their skill level, which allows the students to progress at their own pace. Salary range begins at $9 per hour and is a non-exempt position. No City residency required.
Must be at least 16 years of age and have current first aid and CPR/AED certification. Experience working with customers and the public is preferred. Current swim instructor certification is preferred from one or more of the following organizations: Red Cross WSI, YMCA, Foss Swim School, Shoreview Community Center, USA Swimming ASCA (American Swim Coaches Association), USD Swimming STSC (Safety Training for Swim Coaches).
Essential duties include:
- Providing individual instruction for varying ages of swimmers designed to meet the participant's interests, abilities and goals.
- Educating participants on proper training technique and promoting swimmer safety.
- Providing lesson plans as appropriate and conducting swim tests
- Submitting and maintaining skills sheets, lesson logs and attendance information.
- Providing for the health and safety of participants, including ensuring that all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards and that materials and equipment are safe.