Available Full-Time Positions
The City of Spring Hill is accepting applications for a full-time Building Official position in the Community Development department under the supervision of the Assistant City Administrator.
The Building Official is responsible for overseeing compliance with adopted building codes, the inspection and permit issuance programs. The Building Official also serves as floodplain manager.
- A high school diploma or GED along with a minimum of five years of similar or related experience;
- An associate degree or greater in a construction or inspection-related field is preferred;
- Certification with the International Code Council for Commercial Building Inspector, Combination Inspector or equivalent;
- A professional manner along with excellent communication, organizational, public relations and decision making skills;
- A thorough knowledge of building inspections, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and building design systems;
- The ability to interpret building codes and regulations, to prepare reports, to understand and anticipate problems, and to understand written instructions, reports, proposals, specifications, blueprints, schematics and code books.
A complete job description is available upon request. Salary range begins at $27.23/hr. Starting wage is dependent on qualifications.
First review of applications will be May 3, 2018.
City of Spring Hill
401 N. Madison St.
P.O. Box 424
Spring Hill, KS 66083