Utility Rates and Assistance

Water Rates

For customers in the Spring Hill Water District, the monthly water rate is $8.55 per thousand gallons. View the water district map to see which water district serves your home.

A service charge or surcharge (depending on the size of meter and service area) is billed in conjunction with the water bill. For a standard residential meter within the city limits, the service charge is $12.94. For a standard residential meter outside the city limits, the surcharge (base rate) is $20.

All senior citizens who are 65 years or age or older and have water service in their name are eligible for a 10 percent discount on the water portion of their bill. Please contact the Utility Billing Clerk for more information.

Sewer Rates

Your sewer charge is based on your average water use for the first quarter of each year. Charges are adjusted every April.

The monthly sanitary sewer charge is $17 for the first 2,000 gallons of water consumption plus $8.65 for each additional 1,000 gallons of water consumed. There is also a $5 monthly service charge for sanitary sewer service.

Trash Rates

For Spring Hill residents, the City contracts with Waste Management for trash removal service. Customers are billed monthly through the City but questions about collections and pick-up requests should be directed to Waste Management. The monthly trash rate is $17.11, which includes large item pick up once per month, recycling and yard waste disposal. Senior citizens 65 years of age or older who have trash service in their name receive a discounted rate of $13.08. Please contact the Utility Billing Clerk for more information.

Utility Assistance

For information on programs available to assist individuals and families in need with their utility payments, please contact the Southwest Multi-Service Center (SWMSC) at (913) 715-6653. The SWMSC provides utility assistance for low-income residents of Gardner, Edgerton and Spring Hill.  All persons must qualify by their income and contact the phone agent line for a screening and to set up an appointment. The SWMSC also offers food pantry and other helpful services to qualifying residents. No walk-ins are allowed, all services are by appointment only.

You can also make a charitable pledge to help utility customers in need by filling out this form and submitting it to City Hall.